- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Dorothy Lefever, Moyer worker, in The Happy Trio
Dorothy Lefever, 83, of Ephrata, died Saturday, Oct. 13, 2012 in Ephrata Community Hospital.
Born in Smokestown, she was a daughter of the late Harry S. and Mamie (Althouse) Lefever.
She worked 27 years for Ship-n-Shore, Ephrata, and last for W.W. Moyer. Dorothy, a local entertainer, played guitar and sang with The Happy Trio for over 40 years and with Dottie & The Country Sounds and The Old Timers.
Surviving are a son: Donald, wife of Tina (Weaver) Lefever, of Denver; daughters: Diana Simon, of Washington; and twins Sharon, wife of George Styer, of Sinking Spring; and Karen, wife of Scott Artz, of Bird in Hand; 12 grandchildren; 17 great-grandchildren; and a great-great-grandson.
She was predeceased by a grandson: Donovan Lefever; and brother: Lester Lefever.
Funeral services were held Oct. 17 from Good Funeral Home & Cremation Centre, Reamstown, with Rev. Robert A. Kramer officiating. Burial took place in Hammer Creek Mennonite Cemetery.
For more information, visit goodfuneral.com.