- Reel Reviews: 2017 Oscar picks
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
Dorothy Lefever, Moyer worker, in The Happy Trio
Dorothy Lefever, 83, of Ephrata, died Saturday, Oct. 13, 2012 in Ephrata Community Hospital.
Born in Smokestown, she was a daughter of the late Harry S. and Mamie (Althouse) Lefever.
She worked 27 years for Ship-n-Shore, Ephrata, and last for W.W. Moyer. Dorothy, a local entertainer, played guitar and sang with The Happy Trio for over 40 years and with Dottie & The Country Sounds and The Old Timers.
Surviving are a son: Donald, wife of Tina (Weaver) Lefever, of Denver; daughters: Diana Simon, of Washington; and twins Sharon, wife of George Styer, of Sinking Spring; and Karen, wife of Scott Artz, of Bird in Hand; 12 grandchildren; 17 great-grandchildren; and a great-great-grandson.
She was predeceased by a grandson: Donovan Lefever; and brother: Lester Lefever.
Funeral services were held Oct. 17 from Good Funeral Home & Cremation Centre, Reamstown, with Rev. Robert A. Kramer officiating. Burial took place in Hammer Creek Mennonite Cemetery.
For more information, visit goodfuneral.com.