- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- Hello (again), Dolly!
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
- Cool lineup!
Dorothy Lefever, Moyer worker, in The Happy Trio
Dorothy Lefever, 83, of Ephrata, died Saturday, Oct. 13, 2012 in Ephrata Community Hospital.
Born in Smokestown, she was a daughter of the late Harry S. and Mamie (Althouse) Lefever.
She worked 27 years for Ship-n-Shore, Ephrata, and last for W.W. Moyer. Dorothy, a local entertainer, played guitar and sang with The Happy Trio for over 40 years and with Dottie & The Country Sounds and The Old Timers.
Surviving are a son: Donald, wife of Tina (Weaver) Lefever, of Denver; daughters: Diana Simon, of Washington; and twins Sharon, wife of George Styer, of Sinking Spring; and Karen, wife of Scott Artz, of Bird in Hand; 12 grandchildren; 17 great-grandchildren; and a great-great-grandson.
She was predeceased by a grandson: Donovan Lefever; and brother: Lester Lefever.
Funeral services were held Oct. 17 from Good Funeral Home & Cremation Centre, Reamstown, with Rev. Robert A. Kramer officiating. Burial took place in Hammer Creek Mennonite Cemetery.
For more information, visit goodfuneral.com.