- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- A sure sign of summer: Denver finalizes community pool plans
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Family ‘Owl’bum
Dorothy M. Jakows, 84, Ephrata, active in church
Dorothy M. Jakows, 84, of Ephrata, formerly of Lititz and Philadelphia, passed away Sunday, April 21, 2013 at home.
Born in Philadelphia, she was the daughter of the late John and Carolina (Wojnarowski) Lyszkzasz and the beloved wife of the late Joseph L. Jakows, who passed away in 2003.
Dorothy was a longtime member of St. James Catholic Church, where she was involved in the Light of Christ prayer group and the Legion of Mary.
Dorothy enjoyed music and seeing live shows, most of all polka music. Dorothy liked sewing, cooking and going on Catholic retreats. She especially enjoyed the Jersey Shore, looking out to the ocean during the tranquil time of twilight.
She is survived by a daughter: Sandra Partyka of Ephrata; and a son: Mark Jakows, husband of Nancy of North Wales. She was the last surviving of nine children.
Mass of Christian burial was held April 26 at Mother of Divine Providence in King of Prussia. Interment was in Valley Forge Memorial Gardens, King of Prussia.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Missionary Sisters of Charity 630 Dekalb St. Norristown, PA 19401 or to St. James Catholic Church 505 Woodcrest Ave Lititz, PA 17543. To send the Jakows’s online condolences, visit snyderfuneralhome.com.