- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Dorothy Martin, Sunday school teacher
Dorothy P. Martin, 89, formerly of Reading Road, East Earl, died Thursday, Dec. 1, 2011 at Ephrata Manor.
Born in Caernarvon Twp., she was the daughter of the late Barton M. and Rita (Kessler) Huyett. She was preceded in death by her husband, Lester H. Martin, in 2008.
A homemaker, Dorothy was a member of Churchtown United Methodist Church where she had taught Sunday school for 30 years.
Surviving her are children: Eugene L., husband of Audrey (Graybill) Martin, of New Holland; Harold R., husband of Beverly (Fryberger) Martin, of Mohnton; Sandra F., wife of David Bailey, of Ephrata; and Randy L., husband of Rosalie (Myer) Martin, of Reinholds; eight grandchildren; five great- grandchildren; two sisters: Evelyn Miller and Geraldine Huyett, both of New Holland; and two brothers: Raymond L. Huyett, of Lancaster; and Melvin Huyett, of Ephrata.
She was preceded in death by her sisters: Ruth Kurtz, Mildred McEldorney, Arlene Gregg, Blanche Yohn and Alice Hollenbaugh.
Funeral services were held on Dec. 5 at Churchtown United Methodist Church, with Pastor James Bamberger, D. Min. and the Reverend E. Earl Trauger officiating. Interment was held in the church cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be sent to the Arthritis Foundation, Central PA Chapter-SE Branch, 204 Butler Ave., Ste. 102, Lancaster, PA 17601.
Arrangements were made by Groff-High Funeral Home, New Holland. Online condolences may be posted at groffeckenroth.com.