- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Dorothy Martin, Yorktowneworker, taught Sunday school
Dorothy M. Martin, 86, Ephrata, died Sunday, Feb. 19, 2012 in Denver Nursing Home, Stevens, where she was a guest since November.
Born in Richland, Lebanon County, she was a daughter of the late Joel J. and Marianne K. (Graeff) Wiest. Her first husband, Ivan Cochran, died May 10, 1949, and her second husband, Charles E. Martin, died Aug. 7, 1991.
A member and former Sunday school teacher of Muddy Creek Lutheran Church, Swartzville, she worked at Yorktowne Manufacturing, Ephrata. Dorothy enjoyed reading and word puzzles and loved going out to eat and shopping.
Surviving are her son: Burnell I., husband of Clara (Andreadis) Cochran, of Ephrata; grandson: Burnell E. Cochran; and a sister: Hilda I. Alexander, of Ephrata.
She was predeceased by brothers: Warren and Earl Mark Wiest.
Funeral services will be held on Feb. 24 at 11 a.m. at Good Funeral Home, Reamstown, with the Rev. David T. Hinkley officiating. Burial will take place in Muddy Creek Cemetery, Swartzville.
For more information, visit goodfuneral.com.