- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Dorothy Stauffer, 81, homemaker
Dorothy Mae (Getz) Stauffer, 81, of Denver, went home to be with her Lord and Savior Sunday, Jan. 1, 2012 at Lancaster General Hospital.
Born in West Cocalico Township, she was the daughter of the late Ellis Leroy and Carrie (Latshaw) Getz and was the wife of the late Richard S. Stauffer, who passed away in 1993.
She was a member of Harvest Fellowship and St. Paul’s Evangelical Congregational Church in Reamstown. She had a great love for God and Jesus. A homemaker, Dorothy especially enjoyed spending time with her children and family and also enjoyed attending auctions. She was an avid Phillies fan.
Dorothy is survived by three sons: Samuel E., husband of Patty (Wannephram) Stauffer, of Denver; James B. Stauffer, of Ephrata; and Richard S. Jr., husband of Stacy (Hackman) Stauffer, of Denver; three grandchildren: Brett Cuthbert, Tracy Logan and Cody Westerhoff; two great-grandchildren: Timothy and Nicole Cuthbert; and a sister: Elva Leisey, wife of Eugene Hackman, of Reamstown.
Besides her parents and husband, she was preceded in death by her son: Douglas Stauffer; and her brother: Kenneth Getz.
The funeral service was held on Jan. 4 at Harvest Fellowship, Stevens, with Pastors Gene Weaver and Leon Weaver officiating. Burial took place in the Fairview Cemetery Annex.
If desired, memorial contributions in Dorothy’s memory may be made to Hospice of Lancaster County P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604.
Arrangements were made by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services Inc., Denver. Online condolences can be given at roseborostradling.com.