- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Dorothy Steffy, Maple Farms, Doneckers worker
Dorothy "Dolly" Steffy, 87, of Ephrata, passed away Thursday, Sept. 27, 2012 at her home.
She was born in Ephrata to the late Elmer and Elsie (Leed) Swain and was the wife of the late Charles W. Steffy.
She was a member of First United Methodist Church. During her working years, Dorothy worked as a nurse for Maple Farms and later retired from Doneckers of Ephrata.
Dorothy is survived by her son: Ashley C., husband of Deborah Steffy; step-grandchildren: Michelle, wife of Brent Redmiles; and John Withelder; step-great grandchildren: Kate and Christopher Redmiles; a sister: Kathryn Newpher; sisters- in-law: Kathryn Steffy, Kathryn Edris, Ruth Hollinger, Alice Steffy and Susan Sensenig; and brother-in-law: Harry Steffy.
In addition to her husband and her parents, she was preceded in death by a daughter: Letty F. Steffy; a brother: Chester Arthur White; and a sister: Theda Solomon.
Her funeral service was held Oct. 2 at the First United Methodist Church, Ephrata, with Rev. Walter Carter officiating.
Interment took place in the Memory Gardens Memorial Cemetery.
Memorial contributions in Dorothy’s memory may be made to First United Methodist Church, 68 N. Church St., Ephrata, PA 17522, or KPETS-Keystone Pet Enhanced Therapy Services, 590 Centerville Road, #107, Lancaster, PA 17601, ATTN: Karen Gerth.
Arrangements were made by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.