- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Douglas E. Getz, 59, Waste Management employee
Born in Ephrata, he was the son of the late Harold E. and Shirley Ann Gibson Getz.
He was a graduate of Milton Hershey School.
Douglas was employed for 38 years with Waste Management Company in Lancaster. He previously worked at Alsam Shoe Factory in Lititz.
Among his interests were watching the Philadelphia Eagles, working on cars, going to drag races, playing softball, being in the outdoors, cookouts and spending time with family and friends.
Surviving is a sister: Beverly Getz, of Lititz, close friend Kathy Getz and many nieces, nephews, aunts and uncles. Preceding Douglas in death were sisters: Roberta Jackson and Eugenia Getz and a brother: William L. Getz.
Services and interment will be held at the convenience of the family. To share your fondest memories of Douglas visit lifecelebration.com.