- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- A sure sign of summer: Denver finalizes community pool plans
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Family ‘Owl’bum
Douglas M. Weiler, 67, vet, CASE retiree, coach, singer
Douglas M. Weiler, 67, of Stevens, died Tuesday, March 5, 2013, in Ephrata Community Hospital following a brief battle with esophageal cancer. Born in Lancaster, a son of the late Jacob A. and Audrey (Mongeau) Weiler, he was married to Mary E. (Smith) Weiler for 44 years.
A 1964 graduate of McCaskey High School, he was an Army National Guard veteran during the Vietnam War. Doug was a member of St. John’s United Church of Christ, where he served as deacon, elder and with the men’s brotherhood. He retired from CASE New Holland and coached Little League, sang with the Red Rose Barbershop Quartets and was active in Boy Scouts of America.
Also surviving are sons: Lance T. (Adrienne Putt) Weiler, Lancaster; and Clint D. (Lauran Weidner) Weiler, Sinking Spring; grandchildren: Jack, Chase, Avary and Hadley; sister: Donna Derr, Lancaster; and brothers: Jacob Weiler, Millersville; Fred Weiler, Lancaster; and Dennis Story, California.
A memorial celebration of Doug’s life was held March 9 at St. John’s U.C.C., Denver, with his pastor, The Reverend David R. Brumbaugh, officiating. The family greeted friends following the service. Private inurnment in Memory Gardens, Ephrata.
Rather than flowers, contributions may be sent to Easter Seals of Eastern PA, 1040 Liggett Ave., Reading, PA 19611. Good Funeral Home & Cremation Centre, Reamstown, is honored to be serving The Weiler family.