- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- Hello (again), Dolly!
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
- Cool lineup!
Douglas Smith, sports fan, ‘Potpie Man’ at Spring Glen
Douglas P. Smith, 53, of Ephrata, passed away Tuesday, Sept. 18, 2012 at his residence.
He was born in Ephrata to the late John and Goldie Smith.
Doug was an active member of the the Ephrata Mennonite Church, where he was involved in the men’s ministry. He was an avid Philadelphia sports fan, Eagles, Flyers, Phillies, Sixers and Penn State football. He also liked all Ephrata High School sports. He was known by all his fellow employees as the Potpie Man. He worked for Spring Glen Food for 23 years.
Douglas is survived by a brother: Richard E. Smith, of Lancaster.
His funeral services were held Sept. 24 at the Stradling Funeral Home, Ephrata, with the ministry from the Ephrata Mennonite Church officiating. Interment took place in the Pleasant View Cemetery, Sinking Spring, Sept. 25.
Arrangements were made by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.