- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
E. Eugene Witmer, mason, salesman
E. Eugene Witmer, 76, of Lititz, passed away Friday, Sept. 9, 2011 at Hamilton Arms Center Lancaster, after a brief illness.
Born in Ephrata Township, he was the son of the late Aaron and Martha (Wenger) Witmer and the husband of Mabel J. (Eberly) Witmer, to whom he shared 58 years of marriage.
Eugene was a member of the Reinholds United Zion Church. He was a mason as well as a salesman for Nolt’s Auto Parts. He enjoyed spending time his family, was a car enthusiast and also enjoyed hunting.
In addition to his wife, Eugene is survived by his three children: Darrel husband of Brenda (Bowman) Witmer, of Denver; Brian, husband of Irene (Martin) Witmer, of Ephrata; Karen, wife of Jim Huber, of Akron; four grandchildren; and a sister in law: Esther (Boll) Witmer.
Eugene was preceded in death by an infant sister: Ruth Ann; and a brother: Lester Witmer.
Funeral services will be held on Sept. 15 at 10 a.m. at the Ephrata United Zion Church, 408 E. Fulton St., Ephrata, with Pastor Leon Eberly officiating. Interment will follow in the Mellinger’s Union Cemetery Schoeneck.
Arrangements are being made by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services, Inc., Denver. Online condolences can be given at roseborostradling.com.