- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Earl Eberly, 85, Wilbur retiree, member of UZ
Earl L. Eberly, 85, of Lititz, passed away Monday, Oct. 14, 2013, at the Audubon Villa in Lititz.
He was born in Mount Airy, son to the late Irvin and Edna (Weidman) Eberly.
Earl was a member of the United Zion Church. He enjoyed doing yard work and spending time with his grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
He worked in the shipping department for Wilbur Chocolate until his retirement in 1994.
Earl is survived by his wife of 66 years: Minerva (Martin) Eberly; a son: Ernest, husband of Janet Eberly of Ephrata; a daughter: Sharon, wife of Marvin Martin of Manheim; four grandchildren; four great-grandchildren and two sisters: Mabel, wife of the late Eugene Witmer of Clay Township and Mamie, wife of the late Stanley Kleinfelter of Annville.
In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by an infant son; a brother: George Eberly and two sisters: Alverta Harting and Ella Moyer.
A funeral was held Oct. 18 at the Roseboro Stradling Funeral Home, Denver, with Pastor Leon Eberly officiating. Interment will take place in the Mellingers Cemetery.
If desired, memorial contributions in Earl’s memory may be made to the Audubon Villa, 125 Broad St., Lititz, PA 17543.
Arrangements by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services, Inc., Denver. Online condolences can be given at roseborostradling.com.