- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Edith R. Showalter, 80, Church Council member, Cinderella Knitting
Edith R. Showalter, 80, of Denver, passed away Friday, Aug. 2, 2013, at Lancaster General Hospital.
She was born in Reinholds to the late Robert and Sallie (Reinholds) Ochs and was the wife of Vernon Showalter, with whom she celebrated 60 years of marriage.
She was a member of the Swamp Lutheran Church, Reinholds, where she was very active and she was the first woman elected to Church Council. Edith worked in quality control for Cinderella Knitting Mills. She was an avid reader and she loved her family very much.
In addition to her husband, Edith is survived by her four sons: Timothy, husband of Christine Showalter of Ephrata; Thomas, husband of Bonnie Showalter of Reinholds; Lee, husband of Jodi Showalter of Ephrata; David, husband of Barb Showalter of Denver; seven grandchildren: Ian, Elise and Tisha Showalter; Abbey Stopper; Chad, Matthew and Eric Showalter; five great-grandchildren: Beckett and Delaney Showalter; Kyrie Kachel, Kenzie Stopper, and Emma Showalter; and a sister: Eleanor R. Brossman of West Lawn.
She was preceded in death by her two brothers: Warren R. and Gilbert R. Ochs.
A viewing was held Aug. 5 at the Swamp Lutheran Church, Reinholds, followed by funeral services with Rev. Dennis Trout officiating. Private interment will be at the convenience of the family.
Memorial contributions in Edith’s memory may be made to her church, Swamp Lutheran Church 275 Swamp Church Road Reinholds, PA 17567.
Arrangements by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services, Inc., Denver. Online condolences can be given at roseborostradling.com.