- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Edna Nolt, 59, CNA, teacher
Edna N. Nolt, 59, of Akron, passed away Tuesday, Sept. 6, 2011 at her residence.
She was born in Lancaster to the late Christian Z. Nolt and Emma (Newswanger) Nolt of Akron.
A graduate of the Tennessee Temple University with a bachelor’s degree in secondary English, Edna worked as an education director at Manos House in Lancaster, a secondary English teacher, assistant to Dr. Bensing at Ephrata Family Eye Care, and most recently a CNA at Conestoga View. She attended Grace Church in Ephrata. Edna enjoyed spending time with her family, visiting the beach and working with her computer.
In addition to her mother, Edna is survived by a brother: Leroy N., husband of Linda (Showalter) Nolt, of Dayton, Va.; five sisters: Ella N. and Anna N. Nolt, of Akron; Mary N. Nolt, of Lititz; Alta Mason, of Hagerstown, Md.; and Annette, wife of Warren Martin, of Akron; and 17 nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by a sister: Verna Reiff.
Funeral services were held on Sept. 10 at Grace Church, Ephrata, with Pastors Kim G. Robertson and Philip Towles officiating. Interment took place in the Memory Gardens Memorial Cemetery in East Cocalico Township.
If desired, the family requests memorials be made to the charity of the donor’s choice.
Arrangements were made by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.