- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Edward Jankowski, Terre Hill H.S. grad, WWII sgt., ran nursing home, American Bank retiree
Edward Jankowski formerly of Reading, died May 29, 2014 at the Masonic Village in Elizabethtown, where he resided since 2002.
Edward was born May 15, 1924 in Reading. He is predeceased by his wife, Jenny Saltzer Jankowski. His second wife, to whom he was married 40 years, Mabel Weber Chamberlin Jankowski, died in 2012.
Eddie is survived by his brother: Walter Jankowski of Port Richey, Fla.; and nephew: James Jankowski of Texas.
He is predeceased by his parents; sister: Emily Jankowski Weller; and brother; Anthony Jankowski.
Edward graduated from Terre Hill High School in Lancaster County. He served in the United States Marine Corps as a sergeant during WWII from 1943-1945 where he fought in the Pacific theater. Edward and his first wife, Jenny, ran a nursing home on Route 10 for many years. He was employed by American Bank until his retirement. Edward was a member of the Womelsdorf Masonic Lodge.
Services were held June 3 at Kuhn Funeral Home, Inc., West Reading.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests contributions be made to the Masonic Village in Elizabethtown.
Arrangements by Kuhn Funeral home, Reading. Visit kuhnfuneralhome.com to leave the family online condolences.