- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Edwin R. Kramer, 87, former W. Cocalico supervisor, softball coach
Edwin R. Kramer, 87, formerly of Reinholds, died May 26, 2014, at Garden Spot Village, New Holland.
Born in Stevens, a son of the late Harvey A. and Annie T. (Steffy) Kramer, his wife of 57 years, June M. (Kauffman) Kramer, died May 19, 2009.
He attended St. John’s Center Lutheran Church, had been a council member of Swamp Lutheran Church. Edwin retired in 1991 after over 25 years with Win-Kit Co., Reinholds, and then worked with American LaFrance, Akron. A West Cocalico Twp. supervisor he also managed area softball teams, collected trains, was an avid Boston sports fan, and a roller coaster and bluegrass enthusiast.
Surviving are daughters: Susan I., widow of Michael S. Kreitz, Reamstown; Ruth A. Kramer, friend of Gaile Gehman, Lancaster; Marie J., wife of Torrence Jenkins, Denver; sisters, Florence E. Miller and Helen M. Werner, both Reinholds; and a brother, Howard A., husband of Betty J. (Moyer) Kramer, Denver.
Services were held May 31 at Swamp Lutheran Church, Reinholds, with Revs. Dennis Trout and Robert Kramer officiating. Burial was in Swamp Cemetery.
Flowers welcome; contributions to Hospice & Community Care, Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125.
Condolences can be left online at goodfuneral.com. Good Funeral Home & Cremation Centre, Reamstown, handled the arrangements.