- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Ella M. Palm, 83, formerly of Ephrata, Salem Lutheran member, Brownie leader
Ella M. Palm, 83, a resident of Luther Acres, Lititz, formerly of Ephrata, passed away Thursday, May 8, 2014.
Her husband of 58 years, the late Donald J. Palm, passed away February 14, 2013.
Born in Lancaster, PA, Ella was a daughter of the late Harry C. and Helen (Styer) Rote. She was a former member at Salem Lutheran Church in Lincoln-Ephrata. Ella was formerly a Brownie leader and loved cooking and entertaining family and friends.
Ella is survived by three daughters: Beverly J., wife of Dennis Maharg of Lititz, Barbara Ann LaFrance of Taylor, S.C., and Bonnie Sue, wife of Steve Gerhard of Akron; two sons: Dennis E. Palm, husband of Jill (Newswanger) of Lancaster, and Dwight D. Palm of Ephrata; nine grandchildren; 13 great-grandchildren; and one sister: Helen Malesky of Pottstown.
In addition to her husband and parents, Ella was preceded in death by a granddaughter: Erica Lynn Call; four sisters; and five brothers.
Services were held May 12 at Paul L. Gravenor Home For Funerals, Ephrata, with the Rev. Stephen Verkouw officiating. Place of interment was Emmanuel Lutheran Cemetery, Brickerville.
Donations in Ella’s memory may be made to Hospice & Community Care, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604.
To offer your condolences, visit gravenorhomeforfunerals.com. Arrangements entrusted to Paul L. Gravenor Home for Funerals, Ephrata.