- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Ella Mae Carpenter, 95, was active in church, community
Ella Mae Carpenter, 95, of Lititz, formerly of Lincoln, passed away Tuesday, May 1, 2012 at Luther Acres.
She was the wife of the late Roy R. "Punky" Carpenter, who died in 1988.
She was an active member of Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, Ephrata. Ella Mae worked as a cafeteria worker for Moyer’s. She was a volunteer at Luther Acres for many years and Meals on Wheels. She was a part of the Golden Years Club at the Ephrata Rec Center. Ella Mae was full of life and always had a smile on her face.
Ella Mae is survived by two sons: Ronald R., husband of Carol Carpenter, of North Caroline; and Randall R., husband of Carol Carpenter, of Ephrata; grandchildren: Candace Boyer, Christy Carpenter, Katy Carpenter, David Carpenter, Douglas Carpenter and Matthew Carpenter; 12 great-grandchildren; and a great-great-grandchild.
In addition to her husband, she was preceded in death by her brothers: Harvey and John Horst and sisters: Dorothy Bensinger, Pauline Horst and Esther Orwig.
Funeral services were held on May 7 at the Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, Ephrata, with Rev. Henry E. Herbener Jr. officiating. Interment took place in the Memory Gardens Memorial Cemetery.
Memorial contributions in Ella Mae’s memory may be made to Luther Acres Benevolent Fund, 600 E. Main St., Lititz, PA 17543.
Arrangements were made by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.