- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Elsie Martin, 94, seamstress
Elsie S. Martin, 94, of Ephrata, passed away Monday, Sept. 12, 2011 at her residence.
She was born in Earl Township to the late Harvey and Maggie (Stauffer) Stauffer and was the wife of the late Landis L. Martin who died in 1996.
Elsie was a member of Cornerstone Mennonite Fellowship, Ephrata. She enjoyed sewing and quilting. She was a member of the Jolly 17ers Pen Pal Club and an avid gardener. She loved her family around her and her cabin in the mountains. She was self-employed as a seamstress.
Elsie is survived by two daughters: Joyce S., wife of the late Isaac M. Stauffer, of Ephrata; Linda S., wife of Eugene W. Reiff, of Ephrata; a son: Blaine S., husband of Donna L. Martin, of Ephrata; grandchildren: Emily, Melanie, Shawn, Justin, Anthony, Sheila and Michelle; great-grandchildren: Kylie, Atticus, London and Maddison; three sisters: Grace S. Weaver, of New Holland; Jeanetta S., wife of Harvey S. Stauffer, of Athens, Wisc.; Gladys S., wife of Lester S. Martin, of Ephrata; and a brother: John S., husband of Lena Weaver, of Elizabethville.
She was preceded in death by her husband: Landis L. Martin; two sisters: Florence S. Stauffer and Louella S. Stauffer; and three brothers: Willis S. Stauffer, Phares S. Stauffer and Henry S. Stauffer.
Funeral service was held on Sept. 16 at Bowmansville Mennonite Church, 129 Pleasant Valley Road, East Earl, with Pastors Marvin Freed, Clair Martin and Nelson Gehman officiating. Interment took place at the adjoining cemetery.
Arrangements were made by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.