- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Elsie Pope, Akron resident
Elsie L. Pope, of Akron, has moved into her new mansion in Heaven.
She was the daughter of the late Frank M and Elsie H Harvey of Dunbar, W.Va. She was the wife of her beloved late husband, Paul P Pope Jr. of Murdocksville, N.C.
She leaves behind two dear children: Paul P. Pope III, of Rockingham, N.C.; and Patricia A. Pope, of Akron; nephews: Scott McCagg, of Buffalo, N.Y.; Todd McCagg, of Ellicott City, Md.; and Daniel Ice, of Lanexa,Va.; and sister-in-law: Ruby Ullman, of Murietta, Calif.
We will miss her mischievous humor, prayer support, whimsical phrases ("ducks in a row") and fried chicken, but know that she is enjoying fellowship with her Redeemer, the Lord Jesus Christ, singing alto in the heavenly choir and hopefully tending a large celestial flower bed.
There will be a small private memorial service in Akron, then a private interment in Pinehurst, N.C.
In lieu of flowers, make a donation in Elsie’s memory to either Bible Visuals International; or Hospice of Lancaster County.
Spacht Funeral Home in Lititz has been entrusted with the arrangements. To share your fondest memories of Elsie visit lifecelebration.com.