- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Elva Meckley, 93, devoted mother
Elva B. Meckley, 93, of Ephrata, formerly of West Lawn, passed away peacefully Friday, June 24, 2011 at the Nursing Unit of Ephrata Manor.
Elva was born in Clay Township. She was one of nine children born to the late Ada (Bollinger) Walters and Albert S. Walters. She was the loving wife of the late Melvin M. Meckley and devoted mother to her four children and eight grandchildren.
Throughout her life, Elva enjoyed attending church with her family and friends at Weist United Methodist Church and Mellinger’s Lutheran Church, both in Schoeneck.
She is survived by three sons: Marlan J. Meckley, of Shillington; Mervin E. Meckley, husband of Erika, of Ft. Myers, Fla.; and Merle R. Meckley, husband of Mary, of Wernersville. In addition to her eight grandchildren, she is survived by six great-grandchildren. She is also survived by her sister: Etta, wife of Jake Holsinger, of Ephrata; and brother: William B. Walters, husband of Edith, of Denver.
She was preceded in death by her husband: Melvin in 1989; and daughter: Marion M. Kilhefner in 2006.
Funeral services were held June 29 at Mellinger’s Lutheran Church with the Rev. Timothy Craven and Vicar Tina Toburen officiating. Interment took place in the Fairview Cemetery Annex.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions in Elva’s memory may be made to the Vicar Fund of Mellinger’s Lutheran Church, 80 Gockley Road, Stevens, PA 17578.
Arrangements were made by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services Inc. Online condolences can be sent to roseborostradling.com.