- Reel Reviews: 2017 Oscar picks
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
Emma Nolt, 94, Akron Groffdale Menn. member
Emma M. (Newswanger) Nolt, 94, of Akron, passed away Friday, Sept. 20, 2013, at her home.
She was born in Brutus, Mich. to the late Elias and Anna (Martin) Newswanger and was the wife of the late Christian Z. Nolt, whom passed away in 1997.
Emma was a member of Groffdale Mennonite Church (Groffdale Conference).
Emma is survived by a son: Leroy N., husband of Linda (Showalter) Nolt of Dayton, Va.; five daughters: Ella N. Nolt of Akron; Anna N. Nolt of Ephrata; Mary N. Nolt of Lititz; Alta Mason of Hagerstown, Md.; Annetta, wife of Warren Martin of New Holland; a son-in-law: Adam Reiff of Muir, Mich.; 17 grandchildren and 38 great grandchildren. She was the last of her immediate family.
In addition to her husband and parents, Emma was preceded in death by two daughters: Verna Reiff and Edna N. Nolt and a grandchild.
Funeral services were held Sept. 24 at the Groffdale Mennonite Church (Groffdale Conference), Leola, with Bishop Ammon Weaver officiating. Interment will follow in the adjoining church cemetery.
Kindly omit flowers.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata.