- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- A sure sign of summer: Denver finalizes community pool plans
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Family ‘Owl’bum
Ernest Yeakel, Akron, 90, Sensenig Roofing retiree
Ernest H. Yeakel, 90, of Akron, formerly of Stevens, passed away Sunday, Feb. 19, 2012 at Maple Farm Nursing Center.
He was born in West Cocalico Township to the late Franklin and Amma (Hartranft) Yeakel, and was the husband of the late Alice (Bickhart) Yeakel, who passed away November 1995.
Earnest enjoyed coon hunting, playing cards and camping. He worked for Sensenig Roofing of Ephrata until his retirement in 1983.
Ernest is survived by three sons: Paul E. Rickhart, of Davenport, Fla.; Chester L., husband of Rosie Yeakel, of Ephrata; Ronald R., husband of Barb Yeakel, of Ephrata; five daughters: Sarah J., wife of Robert L. Weitzel, of Denver, Bonnie, wife of Dale Rice, of Lititz, Marion F., wife of Bruce Masternak, of Ephrata, Linda Yeakel, of Stevens, and Teresa Yeakel, of Denver; nine grandchildren; three step-grandchildren, 10 great-grandchildren; one great-great- grandchild; and two sisters: Florence, wife of Barney Dautrich, of Stevens; and Mary, wife of George Sechriest, of Newmanstown.
His funeral service will be held on Feb. 23 at 10 a.m. at the Roseboro Stradling Funeral Home, 533 Walnut St., Denver, with Rev. Robert Kramer officiating. Interment will follow in the Emanuel Lutheran Cemetery, Brickerville.
Arrangements are being made by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services Inc., Denver. Online condolences can be given at roseborostradling.com.