- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- Hello (again), Dolly!
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
- Cool lineup!
Estella McQuate, 97, oldest life-member of Reinholds VFW Ladies Aux., Gerber worker
Estella McQuate, 97, formerly of Denver, died April 7, 2014, in Mifflin Center, Shillington.
Born in Vera Cruz, a daughter of the late Milton and Stella (Trostle) Buchter, she worked at Gerber Industries, Ephrata. She was the oldest life-member of Reinholds VFW Ladies Auxiliary and loved cross stitchery, playing cards, crafts, gardening and crossword puzzles.
Surviving is her daughter: Joyce E. (G. David) Wade, Stevens; grandchildren: Geoffrey Hassler, Curtis Hassler, Darryl Hassler, Lynette Hause, Ronita Buskirk, Renee Cammauf and John Wade; 18 great-grandchildren; two great-great-grandchildren; sister: Viola Moyer, Shillington; and brothers: Charles (Ruth) Buchter, Shillington and Leon (Catharine) Buchter, Wernersville.
Estella was predeceased by her companion, Harold Paul, and nine siblings.
Services were held April 11 from Good Funeral Home & Cremation Centre, Reamstown. Burial followed in Pleasant View Cemetery, Sinking Spring.
Rather than flowers, consider contributions to American Heart Association, 310 Community Way, Lancaster, PA 17603.
Arrangements by Good Funeral Home & Cremation Centre, Reamstown. Visit goodfuneral.com.