- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Estella McQuate, 97, oldest life-member of Reinholds VFW Ladies Aux., Gerber worker
Estella McQuate, 97, formerly of Denver, died April 7, 2014, in Mifflin Center, Shillington.
Born in Vera Cruz, a daughter of the late Milton and Stella (Trostle) Buchter, she worked at Gerber Industries, Ephrata. She was the oldest life-member of Reinholds VFW Ladies Auxiliary and loved cross stitchery, playing cards, crafts, gardening and crossword puzzles.
Surviving is her daughter: Joyce E. (G. David) Wade, Stevens; grandchildren: Geoffrey Hassler, Curtis Hassler, Darryl Hassler, Lynette Hause, Ronita Buskirk, Renee Cammauf and John Wade; 18 great-grandchildren; two great-great-grandchildren; sister: Viola Moyer, Shillington; and brothers: Charles (Ruth) Buchter, Shillington and Leon (Catharine) Buchter, Wernersville.
Estella was predeceased by her companion, Harold Paul, and nine siblings.
Services were held April 11 from Good Funeral Home & Cremation Centre, Reamstown. Burial followed in Pleasant View Cemetery, Sinking Spring.
Rather than flowers, consider contributions to American Heart Association, 310 Community Way, Lancaster, PA 17603.
Arrangements by Good Funeral Home & Cremation Centre, Reamstown. Visit goodfuneral.com.