- Reel Reviews: 2017 Oscar picks
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
Esther A. Myer 93, Miller & Hess Shoe retiree, Calvary member
Esther A. Myer, 93, of Ephrata, died Thursday, Feb. 27, 2014 at Ephrata Community Hospital. Born in New Holland, she was the daughter of the late John and Emma Maser. She was the wife of the late Leon K. Myer who died in 1993. She retired from the former Miller and Hess Shoe Company and was a member of Calvary Church. She enjoyed talking with her friends and listening to books on tape.
Mrs. Myer is survived by two sons: Jon L. Myer of Ephrata; Robert L., husband of Ethel L. Myer of Towson, Md.; daughter: Barbara A., wife of James A. Newcomer, Jr. of Leola; grandchildren: Eliza Newcomer and Christopher Newcomer; a great-grandson: Matthew Newcomer and sisters: Marian Gamber of Timonium, Md. and Jean Hornberger of Brownstown. She was preceded in death by brothers: John Maser, Jr., James Maser and Bennie Maser.
The funeral was held March 1 at Calvary Church, Lancaster. Interment was in Conestoga Memorial Park.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to Calvary Benevolence Fund, 1051 Landis Valley Road, Lancaster, PA 17601.
Arrangements by Furman Home for Funerals, Leola (furmanfuneralhome.com).