- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- A sure sign of summer: Denver finalizes community pool plans
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Family ‘Owl’bum
Esther A. Myer 93, Miller & Hess Shoe retiree, Calvary member
Esther A. Myer, 93, of Ephrata, died Thursday, Feb. 27, 2014 at Ephrata Community Hospital. Born in New Holland, she was the daughter of the late John and Emma Maser. She was the wife of the late Leon K. Myer who died in 1993. She retired from the former Miller and Hess Shoe Company and was a member of Calvary Church. She enjoyed talking with her friends and listening to books on tape.
Mrs. Myer is survived by two sons: Jon L. Myer of Ephrata; Robert L., husband of Ethel L. Myer of Towson, Md.; daughter: Barbara A., wife of James A. Newcomer, Jr. of Leola; grandchildren: Eliza Newcomer and Christopher Newcomer; a great-grandson: Matthew Newcomer and sisters: Marian Gamber of Timonium, Md. and Jean Hornberger of Brownstown. She was preceded in death by brothers: John Maser, Jr., James Maser and Bennie Maser.
The funeral was held March 1 at Calvary Church, Lancaster. Interment was in Conestoga Memorial Park.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to Calvary Benevolence Fund, 1051 Landis Valley Road, Lancaster, PA 17601.
Arrangements by Furman Home for Funerals, Leola (furmanfuneralhome.com).