- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- A sure sign of summer: Denver finalizes community pool plans
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Family ‘Owl’bum
Esther G. Wise, 81, worked at Ship and Shore factory
Esther G. Wise, 81, of Manheim, went to be with our Lord Thursday, Feb. 7, 2013, at Lancaster General Hospital.
She was born in Voganville to the late Henry and Ruth (Getz) Wise.
During her working years, Esther worked for Ship and Shore sewing factory in Brownstown. She enjoyed playing Skip-Bo and word find puzzles. Elvis Presley was her favorite singer.
Esther is survived by two brothers: Alvin, husband of the late Merla Wise of Stevens; Carl, husband of Mary Wise of Ephrata; three sisters: Ruth, wife of the late John Weaver of New Holland; Mildred, wife of the late Ernest Fredrick of Denver; and Joanne, wife of Charles J. Martin of East Petersburg. She was loved and will be greatly missed by 38 nieces and nephews, many great and great-great nieces and nephews.
In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by three brothers: Robert, Henry Jr. and Paul Wise; a sister: Pauline White; and a step mother: Elsie Wise.
A viewing will be held Wednesday, Feb. 13, from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Stradling Funeral Home, 30 N. 9th Street, Akron. An additional viewing will be held Thursday, Feb. 14 from 9 to 10 a.m., followed by her funeral service at 10 a.m. with Pastor Joel Hainley officiating. Interment will take place in the Voganville Union Cemetery.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.