- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Esther Miller, 82, teacher
Esther M. Miller, 82, of Akron, passed away Wednesday, Oct. 12, 2011 at the Reading Hospital and Medical Center, West Reading.
She was born in Jackson Township, Lycoming County, to the late Fred and Martha (Beck) Marshall and was the wife of Robert H. Miller, to whom she shared 58 years of marriage.
A homemaker and former teacher, Esther was a graduate of Liberty High School and Mansfield State Teachers College, where she obtained her degree in secondary education. She enjoyed caring for her grandchildren and gardening. Esther was a charter member of Trinity United Presbyterian Church, Dallas, and Northway United Presbyterian Church, Williamsport.
Esther is survived by a son: J. Brian, husband of JoAnne Miller, of Morrow, Ohio; daughter: Martha M., wife of John Schwartz of Macungie; three grandchildren: Brian Michael, Lauren Marie and Gillian Victoria Schwartz; and a brother: Clyde, husband of Jean Marshall, of Roaring Branch.
She was preceded in death by two brothers: Elwin and Harry Marshall; and two sisters: Ruth Wilson and Margaret Roupp.
A memorial service was held on Oct. 17 at the Friedens Lutheran Church, Liberty, with Rev. Carolyn Simonds officiating. Interment took place in the adjoining church cemetery.
If desired, memorial contributions may be made to the Friedens Lutheran Church, 741 Brick Church Road, Liberty, PA 16930.
Arrangements were made by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.