- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Esther Sweigart, 89, homemaker
Esther M. Sweigart, 89, of Stevens, formerly of New Holland, died Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at Denver Nursing Home.
Her husband, Curtis E. Sweigart, died on Feb. 17, 2011. Born in Oregon, she was the daughter of the late Aaron and Susan Roland.
She was a homemaker who enjoyed gardening and cooking.
Surviving are four children: Gloria Allgyer, of Kinzers; Curtis E. Jr., husband of Geraldine F. Sweigart Jr., of New Holland; Ann, wife of Larry Englerth, of New Holland; and Larry, husband of Paula Sweigart, of New Holland; 10 grandchildren; and 13 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a daughter: Kathy Dienner; a son-in-law: Elmer Allgyer; and 11 siblings: Elsie Brown, John Roland, Paul Roland, Ambrose Roland, Walter Roland, Alvin Roland, Lester Roland, Henry Roland, Caroline Boley, Anna Ressler and Mary Diem.
Her funeral was held on May 14 at Groff-High Funeral Home, New Holland, with Rev. Kevin Readman officiating. Interment took place in Ranck’s United Methodist Cemetery.
If desired, memorials may be made to the American Heart Association, 610 Community Way, Lancaster, PA 17603; the Alzheimer’s Association, 100 W. Station Square Drive, The Landmarks Building, Suite 500, Pittsburgh, PA 15219; or to Hospice of Lancaster County, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125.
Online condolences and remembrances may be posted at groffeckenroth.com.