- Reel Reviews: 2017 Oscar picks
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
Esther V. Singer, 90, formerly of Akron, retired from RCA, avid golfer and bowler
Esther V. Singer, 90, formerly of Akron, passed away Monday, Aug. 25, 2014, at Ephrata Manor.
She was born in Akron to the late Walter and Anna (Zuck) Eitnier, Sr.
Esther was a member of Grace EC Church, Ephrata. She was retired from RCA and was an avid golfer and bowler.
Esther is survived by a daughter: Linda J., wife of Frederick Lee of Calif.; a son: Gary E., husband of Carroll (Martin) Rottmund of Denver; seven grandchildren; 12 great-grandchildren; two sisters: Helen Martzall of Ephrata and Elta Leicy of Ephrata Manor.
In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her husbands: Edward E. Rottmund, Witmer Hollinger, and Bill Singer; and a brother: Walter Eitnier, Jr.
Services were held Aug. 28 at Stradling Funeral Home, Akron, with Rev. Philip Walck officiating. Interment was in the Lincoln Cemetery.
Kindly omit flowers. Memorial contributions in Esther’s memory may be made to the Grace EC Church, 131 Terrace Ave., Ephrata, PA 17522.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.