- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Esther V. Singer, 90, formerly of Akron, retired from RCA, avid golfer and bowler
Esther V. Singer, 90, formerly of Akron, passed away Monday, Aug. 25, 2014, at Ephrata Manor.
She was born in Akron to the late Walter and Anna (Zuck) Eitnier, Sr.
Esther was a member of Grace EC Church, Ephrata. She was retired from RCA and was an avid golfer and bowler.
Esther is survived by a daughter: Linda J., wife of Frederick Lee of Calif.; a son: Gary E., husband of Carroll (Martin) Rottmund of Denver; seven grandchildren; 12 great-grandchildren; two sisters: Helen Martzall of Ephrata and Elta Leicy of Ephrata Manor.
In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her husbands: Edward E. Rottmund, Witmer Hollinger, and Bill Singer; and a brother: Walter Eitnier, Jr.
Services were held Aug. 28 at Stradling Funeral Home, Akron, with Rev. Philip Walck officiating. Interment was in the Lincoln Cemetery.
Kindly omit flowers. Memorial contributions in Esther’s memory may be made to the Grace EC Church, 131 Terrace Ave., Ephrata, PA 17522.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.