- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Esther Zimmerman, 94, Lititz
Esther H. Zimmerman, 94, of Lititz, passed away after a brief illness in her home Sunday, Dec. 4, 2011.
Born in Earl Township on July 8, 1917, she was the daughter of the late Harry Z. and Lydia H. (Hurst) Martin. She was the wife of the late Harvey N. Zimmerman, who died in 2005.
She is survived by a daughter-in-law: Earline S. Zimmerman, of Lebanon, wife of the late L. Ray; and children: Glenn M., husband of Luella (Rutt), of Lebanon; Marlene M., wife of Walter Hurst, of Lititz; Melvin M., husband of Mary (Newswanger), of Denver; David, husband of Mildred (Rutt), of Lebanon; James S., husband of Emma M. Martin, of Goshen, Ind., and also the husband of the late Verna M. Zimmerman; James M., husband of Charlene (Kieffer), of Myerstown; and Elaine M., wife of Barry L. Burkholder, of Ephrata; 51 grandchildren; 171 great-grandchildren; five step-grandchildren; one step-great-grandson; a half-brother: Harry M., husband of Luella (Nolt) Martin, and also the husband of the late Emma Z. Martin; and a sister: Anna Mary, wife of Clayton Zimmerman.
In addition to her husband, she was preceded in death by her brother: Weaver H., husband of the late Alta Martin; and her sister: Edna H. Martin, who died in childhood.
Funeral services will be held at 9:30 a.m. on Dec. 8 at the Meadow Valley Mennonite Church, Meadow Valley and Rettew Mill Road, Ephrata, with Bishop Lester Martin officiating. Interment will be in the adjoining church cemetery.
Kindly omit flowers. Arrangements are being made by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.