- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Ethel Kirkpatrick Sikorsky, 89, Akron, Bible Fellowship Church founding member, honored painter
Ethel Weinhold Kirkpatrick Sikorsky, 89, of Akron, went home to her glory in heaven Sunday, Aug. 17, 2014 at Maple Farm Nursing Center.
She was the wife of the late Arthur F. Kirkpatrick and Alexander Sikorsky. Ethel was born in Fivepointville, daughter of the late Paul L. and Barbara (Wenger) Weinhold.
She was known as a very sweet lady who loved the Lord and was a founding member of Bible Fellowship Church of Ephrata. Ethel was also an award-winning painter at local fairs.
She is survived by her daughter: Barbara, wife of Edward Kreiter, Lititz; daughter-in-law: Sandy, wife of the late Barry Kirkpatrick; grandchildren: Shawn Kirkpatrick, husband of Sally (Knauer), Mathew Kirkpatrick, husband of Tanya (Dannick), Kristopher Mull, husband of Krista (Anderson), Candice Kreiter, William Kreiter, fiance of Britny (Cartwright); one step-granddaughter: Renee Kreiter-Zink, wife of Cory; pseudo daughter: Kathy Campbell; and great-grandchildren: Donavin, Shyann Kirkpatrick, Kylee, Alexander, and twins, Matthew and Mason Mull.
In addition to her husbands and parents; Ethel was preceded in death by her son: Barry; grandsons: Bret Kirkpatrick and Jeremiah Mull; brothers: Paul and Webster; and sisters: Goldie Bellman, Myrtle Musser, and Margaret Lange.
Services were held Aug. 25 at Bible Fellowship Church, Ephrata, with Pastor Kevin Kirkpatrick officiating. Place of interment will be Memory Gardens, East Cocalico Township.
Donations in Ethel’s memory may be made to Bible Fellowship Church of Ephrata PO Box 299, Ephrata, PA 17522.
To send an online condolence visit gravenorhomeforfunerals.com. Paul L. Gravenor Home For Funerals, Ephrata, handled the arrangements.