- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Ethel Wilson Rea, 89, lived in Ephrata 30 years, was employed as a secretary
Ethel Wilson Rea, 89, of Ephrata, passed away Friday, May 2, 2014 at the Ephrata Manor.
She was the wife of the late Charles A. Rea who died in 1999. Born in West Fallowfield, Chester County, she was the daughter of the late Walter H. and Nora McMillan Wilson.
Etty had lived in Ephrata for over 30 years and previously lived in West Chester. She was employed as a secretary for both the Keystone Mushroom Co. and the Lukens Steel Co.
She is survived by two grandchildren: Jennifer, wife of Mark Riale of Johnson City, N.Y. and Matthew Miller of Mt. Joy and companion Connie Leuthold Paioletti; two great-grandchildren: Caleb and Hope Riale; three sisters: Alma Thomas of Parkesburg, Becky Semple of Parkesburg and Joan Smith of Lancaster; many nieces and nephews; and son-in-law: Ralph Miller of York.
She was preceded in death by one daughter: Pamela R. Miller; and two siblings: Thelma Wentz and Harry K. Wilson.
Funeral services will be held on Thursday, May 8, 2014 at 11 a.m. from the Wilde Funeral Home, 434 Main St., Parkesburg followed by interment at the Glen Run Baptist Cemetery, Atglen. Visitation from 10 to 11 a.m.
Memorial donations may be made in Etty’s memory to the Hospice of Lancaster County, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604.
Online condolences can be posted at wildefuneralhome.com. Arrangements by Wilde Funeral Home, Parkesburg.