- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Eugene Moyer, 67, Denver self-employed landscaper
Eugene L. "Gene" Moyer, 67, of Denver, passed away Sunday, June 17, 2012 at his home surrounded by his family.
He was born in Denver to the late Alvin H. and Katie (Showalter) Moyer and was the husband of Janice F. (Lyons) Moyer, with whom he shared 47 years of marriage.
Gene was a member of Swamp Lutheran Church, Reinholds. He loved his family and was a gentle and kind man who always looked out for others. He also enjoyed having picnics on the farm. Gene was a self-employed landscaper.
In addition to his wife, he is survived by his children: Stacey, wife of Troy Pannebecker, of Bristow, Va.; Shawn, husband of Shawna Moyer, of Denver; and Jennifer, wife of Ben Thomas, of Camp Hill; four grandchildren: Courtney Pannebecker, Laura Beth Pannebecker, Dakota Moyer and Celestine Thomas; and a sister: Kathryn, wife of Michael Miller, of Reamstown.
A funeral service will be held on June 21 at 10 a.m. at the Roseboro Stradling Funeral Home, 533 Walnut St., Denver, with Rev. Dennis L.Trout officiating. Interment will take place in the Swamp Cemetery.
Memorial contributions in Gene’s memory may be made to Swamp Lutheran Church, 275 Swamp Church Road, Reinholds, PA 17569.
Arrangements are being made by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services Inc., Denver. Online condolences can be given at roseborostradling.com.