- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Evelyn Hauck, 95, Denver, Keystone Nitewear retiree
Evelyn H. Hauck, 95, formerly of Stevens, passed away Tuesday, July 12, 2011 at Denver Nursing Home following a brief illness.
She was born in West Cocalico Township to the late Monroe and Mazie (Bender) Gerhart. She was the wife of the late Luther H. Hauck, who passed away in 2006.
Evelyn would have celebrated her 96th birthday this coming Saturday. A homemaker, she had also been employed by the former Akron Shoe Factory and retired from the former Keystone Nitewear Company.
Evelyn was a lifelong member of Mellinger’s Lutheran Church in Stevens. She enjoyed spending time with her family, playing cards, cooking, baking and was an avid Phillies fan, especially enjoying the Philly Phanatic.
She is survived by three children: Joyce E., wife of Donald H. Boyer, of Denver; James H., husband of Catherine (Strunk) Hauck, of Reinholds; and Nancy L., wife of Sam G. Heiser, of Reinholds; a daughter-in-law: Joanne (Shultz) Hauck, of Myerstown; 10 grandchildren; one stepgrandson; 15 great-grandchildren; two stepgreat-grandsons; one great-great-granddaughter.
In addition to her husband and parents she was preceded in death by a son: Gerald L. Hauck; a brother: John Gerhart; and two sisters: Marguerite Enck and Mae Yost.
Funeral services were held July 16 at Roseboro Stradling Funeral Home with the Rev. Timothy L. Craven and Vicar Tina Toburen officiating. Interment took place in Mellinger’s Cemetery.
Memorial contributions in Evelyn’s memory may be made to Hospice of Lancaster County, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604.
Arrangements were made by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services Inc., Denver. Online condolences can be sent to the family at roseborostradling.com.