- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
F. Eleanor Martin, 84, W.W. Moyer seamstress
She was born in Ephrata to the late Harvey L. and Sarah (Zinn) Fry and was the wife of Amos L. Martin.
Eleanor was a member of the Hinkletown Mennonite Church. During her working years she worked as a seamstress for the W.W. Moyer Company. She enjoyed gardening, her flowers and crocheting.
In addition to her husband, she is survived by a son: Earl E., husband of Barbara J. Weaver of Penryn; a daughter: Sheryl, wife of Mel L. Houck of Narvon; two stepsons: Barry Martin of Akron; Robert Martin of Ephrata; four grandchildren; three step grandchildren; two great-grandchildren and two step great-grandchildren.
In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her first husband, Earl N. Weaver; five siblings: Helen Kofroth, Mary Good, John Fry, Betty Martin and Lorraine Hornberger.
Her funeral service was held Nov. 26 at the Hinkletown Mennonite Church, Ephrata, with Rev. Glenn Sauder officiating. Interment took place in the Hinkletown Mennonite Cemetery.
Memorial contributions in Eleanor’s memory may be made to Landis Homes Caring Fund, 1001 E. Oregon Road, Lititz, PA 17543 or Hospice & Community Care, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.