- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Fern Arlene Sweigert, 88, teacher, missionary supported by Grace E.C. Church, Ephrata
Fern Arlene Sweigert, 88, Beattyville, Ky., died May 5, 2014, in Kentucky River Medical Center, Jackson, Ky.
She was born in Mohnton, a daughter of the late Parke and Brita (Wingenroth) Sweigert and devoted her life at age 22 to serving as a missionary through Canyon Falls Evangelical Congregational Church. Teaching school for over 50 years, holding various positions in the church and encouraging others to know Jesus Christ and serve God was Fern’s quest. She worked closely with her lifelong friend and co-educator, the late Pauline Horst. Her work was supported by Grace E. C. Church, Ephrata.
Surviving is a sister: Marion (Chet) Ensinger, and brother-in-law, Mark R. Gehr, both of Ephrata.
A sister, Eva Ann Gehr, predeceased her.
Services were held May 13 from Good Funeral Home & Cremation Centre, Reamstown, with Rev. Jeff Martin officiating. Burial followed in Lincoln Cemetery, Ephrata.
Rather than flowers, contributions may be made to the Canyon Falls E.C. Church “Missionary Fund,”1558 Highway 708 E., Beattyville, KY 41311.
Leave the family online condolences at goodfuneral.com. Arrangements entrusted to Good Funeral Home & Cremation Centre, Reamstown.