- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Floyd Stacks, 64, EARS worker, Special Olympian
Floyd A. Stacks, 64, of Reinholds, passed away Saturday, Feb. 18, 2012 at Reading Hospital after a lengthy illness.
Floyd was the son of the late Sefus A. and Mary M. (Connell) Stacks.
Floyd was employed at Ephrata Area Rehab Services (EARS). He was a Special Olympian and won several awards in the 50-yard dash event.
He is survived by a brother: Howard, husband of June Stacks, of Stevens; four sisters: Lillian, wife of William Snyder, of Akron; JoAnn Frey, of Akron; Linda, wife of John Sokol, of Richland; and Glenda Burdine, of York; and a number of nieces and nephews.
Friends will be received at Paul L. Gravenor Home for Funerals, 100 W. Main St., Ephrata, on Feb. 25. Funeral services will follow at 11 a.m. with the Rev. Robert Hinson officiating. Place of interment will be Memory Gardens, East Cocalico Township.
To offer condolences, visit gravenorhomeforfunerals.com.