- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Frances N. Zimmerman 75, born in Clay Township, was grandmother to 65
Frances N. Zimmerman, 75, of Tipton, Mo., entered into rest Saturday, Feb. 22, 2014 at her home, surrounded by her family. She was born July 11, 1938 in Clay Township, daughter of the late Abraham B. and Ada M. Nolt Zimmerman.
On Sept. 24, 1960, she was united in marriage to Amos H. Zimmerman, who preceded her in death on April 6, 2013.
She is survived by her children: Dorothy, wife of Clyde Zimmerman of Arbela, Mo.; Marlene, wife of Kenneth Burkholder of Baring, Mo.; Elaine, wife of Glen Oberholtzer of Memphis, Mo.; Lamar of the home; Amos Jr. and wife Darla Martin Zimmerman of Cantril, Iowa; Clair and wife Joann Garman Zimmerman of Tipton, Mo., Curvin and wife Mary Jane Oberholtzer Zimmerman of La Monte, Mo., Rhoda, wife of Michael Nolt of Latham, Mo., Lynford and wife Genida Zeiset Zimmerman of Knox City, Mo.; 65 grandchildren; 32 great-grandchildren; two sisters; nine brothers; her loving caregiver, Jolene Reiff and many other relatives and friends. In addition to her husband and parents, Frances was preceded in death by three grandsons; two brothers: Jonas and Ivan and two infant sister: Mary and Alta.
Funeral services were held Feb. 27 at the Pleasant Hill Mennonite Church in Latham, Mo., with interment in the Pleasant Hill Mennonite Church Cemetery. Expressions of sympathy may be left online at kidwellgarber.com.
Arrangements are under the direction and care of the Kidwell-Garber Funeral Home of Versailles, Mo.