- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Franklin E. Williams, 92, Akron community leader
Franklin E. Williams, 92, of Akron, was welcomed into the arms of Jesus, on his birthday, Sunday, July 27, 2014, at the Ephrata Community Hospital.
He was born in Clay Township, son of the late Chester L. and Lillie M. (Sweigart) Williams and was the husband of the late Sara F. (Leopold) Williams who passed away in 2006.
Franklin was a long time member of Akron Grace E.C. Church, where he was a Sunday school teacher, choir member, class leader, trustee, steward, president of the official board and building committee chairman. He was a 1940 graduate of Ephrata High School. He was a chaplain for the Rajah Temple, Hillcrest Swim Club charter director, Scout leader, Akron Boro council member, Akron Lions Club member, Lion of the Year 1967, Lions International achievement award recipient and Deputy District Governor. Frank was a self employed house builder. He enjoyed watching Phillies baseball as well as Eagles and Penn State football.
He is survived by a daughter: Julia, wife of Jeffrey D. Rudy of Akron; a granddaughter: Laurie F., wife of Dr. Mark Gravel of Perkasie; and great-grandchildren: Sara and James Gravel.
A viewing will be held on Thursday, July 31, 2014, from 9 to 10 a.m., at the Akron Grace E.C. Church, North 7th and Fulton streets, Akron, followed by his funeral service at 10 a.m., with Rev. Leslie Cool officiating. Interment will take place in the Conestoga Memorial Park.
Memorial contributions in Franklin’s memory may be made to Akron Grace E.C. Church, Building Fund N. 7th St. & Fulton St. Akron, PA 17501.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.