- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Fred G. Parks, 70, Ephrata, GSM Industrial fabricator
Fred G. Parks, 70, of Ephrata, passed away on Monday, March 11, 2013, at Ephrata Community Hospital.
He was born in Huntingdon to the late Faye and Eva Parks and was the husband of Hazel (Stonebreaker) Parks.
Fred worked as a sheet metal fabricator for GSM Industrial. He enjoyed spending time with his family, motorcycles, loved hunting and fishing, and his cabin in Mifflin County.
In addition to his wife, he is survived by a daughter: Anna, wife of Ronald Neely of Brickerville; three sons: Frederick Jr., husband of Jessica (Wertz) Parks of Altoona; Scott, husband of Erika (Woodly) Parks of Va.; Chris, husband of Jessica Parks of Reinholds; 10 grandchildren and 10 great grandchildren; one brother; and two sisters.
In addition to his parents, he is preceded in death by a son, Mathew Parks who passed away in 1995.
A viewing will be held on Thursday, March 14, 2013, from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Stradling Funeral Home, 201 Church Avenue, Ephrata. An additional viewing will be held on Friday, March 15, from 1 to 2 p.m. at the Stradling Funeral Home, 201 Church Ave., Ephrata, followed by his funeral service at 2 p.m. with Pastor Ed Vidzicki officiating. Interment will take place in the Reamstown Salem Cemetery.
Memorial contributions in Fred’s memory may be made to the American Lung Association of PA, Lancaster Outreach Center, 101 Good Drive, Suite 1, Lancaster, PA 17603.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.