- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Fred M. Smith, 93, painter for Kenneth Gettle Painting
Fred M. Smith, 93, a resident of Maple Farm Nursing Home in Akron, formerly a long time resident of Ephrata, passed away Wednesday, April 17, 2013 at Maple Farm.
Born in Lancaster, Fred was a son of the late Jonas S. and Katie S. (Mentzer) Smith. He worked as a painter for Kenneth Gettle Painting of Schoeneck for 20 years and enjoyed hunting and fishing.
He is survived by a step-daughter: Janet Dosch of New Holland; a sister: Emma Bertzfield of Lancaster; a brother: Melvern Smith; three grandchildren; one great-grandchild; and several nieces and nephews.
Also surviving are step-children from his second marriage: Barbara Ginder of Reinholds; Kelly Newswanger of Lititz; Jerry Royer of Robesonia; Jeff Walters of Lititz; Jody Walters of Stevens; Randy Walters of Lititz; and Jamey Walters of Reinholds.
Fred was predeceased by his first wife: Marie (Mull) Smith in 1983 and his second wife: Betty (Lesher) Smith in 2000.
He was preceded in death by his son: Daryl L. Smith; two step-sons: Vernon Weidman and Rick Walters; sisters: Violet Givler, Kathryn Howe, Mabel Smith, and Betty Waid; and brothers: Clarence, Irwin, and Henry Smith.
Friends were received at Paul L. Gravenor Home For Funerals followed by a funeral service with the Reverend Jeffrey H. Goodman officiating. Place of interment was Memory Gardens in East Cocalico Township.
To offer your condolences visit gravenorhomeforfunerals.com