- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- A sure sign of summer: Denver finalizes community pool plans
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Family ‘Owl’bum
Galen Douglas Sager, 66, trucker, poultry farmer
Galen Douglas Sager (Doug), 66, of The Pleasant Acres Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, York, passed away Saturday, April 6, 2013, at the York Hospital.
He was born in Mathias, W.V. to the late Charles Sager and Mamie Foltz Sager Johnson.
Doug was a truck driver for many years, and then a poultry farmer until his retirement. He especially enjoyed hunting and his West Virginia land and home.
He is survived by two daughters: Kimberly, wife of Jerrold (Jerry) Keefer of Ephrata; and Heidi, wife of Jason Gelnett of Harrisburg; four grandchildren: Tucker Arlen Keefer; Dakota Lee Keefer; Caden Douglas Keefer; and Hadley Quinn Gelnett; three sisters: Carolyn (Lead), wife of David R. Burrough of Broadway, Va.; Sharon Shumate (Beeb) of Rockledge, Fla.; and Sandra (Bit), wife of Les Stewart of Harrisonburg, Va.
In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by a beloved brother, Arlen O. Sager (Stooge).
A memorial service will be held on Sunday, April 14 at 2 p.m. at the First United Methodist Church, 13902 Timber Way, Broadway, Va., with Pastor David Burrough officiating. Interment will be private at the convenience of the family.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.