- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- Hello (again), Dolly!
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
- Cool lineup!
George H. Lester, 71, New Holland, mailman, Vietnam vet, enjoyed fishing, Phillies fan
George H. Lester, 71, of New Holland, died peacefully surrounded by his family Friday, Aug. 15, 2014 at Hospice & Community Care in Mount Joy.
Born in Charlottesville, Va., he was the son of the late Homer Lee and Elizabeth (Main) Lester.
He worked from 1982 to 2006 as a postal carrier. During the Vietnam War he served in the US Army.
He was a member of the New Holland American Legion and a former member of the Cedar Grove Presbyterian Church. He enjoyed fishing, horse racing, the Phillies, Dallas Cowboys, and Tennessee Titans.
Surviving are two sons: Michael Lester of Ephrata, and Zachary Lester of East Earl; a granddaughter: Aubrey Lester; and a brother: James “Pete” Lester of Denver.
Preceding him in death is a son: George H. Lester, Jr.; and a sister: Dorothy Weller.
A graveside service was held Aug. 21 at Ranck’s United Methodist Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers contributions may be made to the American Diabetes Association, PO Box 11454, Alexandria, VA 22312.
To send the family online condolences visit groffeckenroth.com. Arrangements by Groff-High Funeral Home, New Holland.