- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
George M. Zimmerman, 94, manufacturing bus. owner
George M. Zimmerman, 94, of New Holland, passed away Wednesday, April 24, 2013, at his daughter’s residence, where he had been living since April 17, 2013.
He was born in Earl Township to the late Joseph and Hettie B. (Martin) Zimmerman and was the husband of the late Esther H. (Rissler) Zimmerman.
George was a member of Groffdale Mennonite Church (Groffdale Conference), Leola and was the owner of Zimmerman Manufacturing.
George is survived by four sons: David R., husband of Rebecca (Burkholder) Zimmerman of Elkhart, Ind.; Paul R., husband of Mary (Hurst) Zimmerman of Ephrata; Ivan R., husband of Verna (Zimmerman) Zimmerman of Penn Yan, N.Y.; George R., husband of Mabel (Hoover) Zimmerman of Rushville, N.Y.; a daughter: Katie R., wife of Amos Hoover of New Holland; 45 grandchildren and 108 great grandchildren; two brothers: Joseph Zimmerman of East Earl; and David Zimmerman of New Holland; and a sister: Frances Zimmerman of Ephrata.
In addition to his wife and parents, he was preceded in death by a brother: Enos Zimmerman; a sister: Hettie Ann Shirk; two grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
A funeral service was held April 27 at the Amos and Katie Hoover residence with further services at the Groffdale Mennonite Church (Groffdale Conference), Leola, with Bishop Ammon Weaver officiating. Interment was in the adjoining church cemetery.
Kindly omit flowers.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.