- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Geraldine Rupp, Ephrata Golden Years Club member
Geraldine N. Rupp, 87, Ephrata, passed away Sunday, April 1, 2012 at Lancaster General Hospital into the loving arms of her Savior.
Born in Lexington, Warwick Township, a daughter of Howard A. and Erla (Nagle) Roth, she was the wife of the late Charles Rupp, who died in 1980.
Gerry’s family was most important in her life, and she enjoyed spending time with them playing games and creating fun memories together. Cooking wonderful meals was a passion with her, and everyone will remember them fondly. Throughout her adult life she possessed an overwhelming desire to help and befriend elderly people. She was a member of the Ephrata Golden Years Club.
Surviving are daughters: Joanne L., wife of Ken Showers, of Lancaster; Gloria J. Kready, of Mohnton; and Sandra L., wife of James Akers, of Ephrata; grandchildren: Tracey Becker; James Kready III; Wendy, wife of John Rehkugler; Brian Burkhart; Heather, wife of Michael Blouch; and Michelle, wife of Carlos Morales; great- grandchildren: Christopher Kready, Jamie Kready, Kory Bailey, Shannon Rehkugler and Elijah Morales; and a sister: Betty, wife of Jack Buch, of New Holland.
Gerry was predeceased by a daughter: Kathleen Burkhart; and a brother: Howard N. Roth Jr.
Services will be private at the convenience of the family.
Kindly omit flowers. Memorial contributions in Geraldine’s memory may be made to Make-a-Wish Foundation of the Susquehanna Valley, 1054 New Holland Avenue, Lancaster, PA 17601.
Arrangements are being made by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.