- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Gerard J. Engel Jr., 48, welder
Gerard "Rod" J. Engel Jr., 48, of East Earl, entered into rest Thursday, June 7, 2012.
Born in Elizabeth, N.J, he was the son of Mary Ann Donofri Engel, of Ephrata, and the late Gerard J. Engel Sr. He was the husband of Karen J. Engel.
He was a welder at Carriage Machine, Bird-in-Hand. He attended Cedar Lane Chapel, East Earl. He was loved and will be missed by many.
Besides his wife and mother, he is survived by six brothers and sisters: Perry, husband of Sara A. Engel, of Halifax; Kimberly J., wife of Greg Dumm, of Lititz; Jeanine M. Beachy, of Reinholds; Travis J., husband of Martha E. Engel, of Plain City, Ohio; Eric M., husband of Angel D. Engel, of Hopkinsville, Ky.; Matthew V. Engel, of Ephrata; and 25 nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his father: Gerard J. Engel Sr.
The funeral was held on June 10 at Mine Road Amish-Mennonite Church, Paradise. Interment took place in the adjoining cemetery.
For more information, visit furmanfuneralhome.com.