- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- Hello (again), Dolly!
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
- Cool lineup!
Gertrude Hoch, 88, Ephrata, volunteer with Girl Scouts
Gertrude A. "Sue" Hoch, 88, of Ephrata, died Wednesday, April 18, 2012, in Lancaster General Hospital.
Born in Stratford, Conn., she is the daughter of the late Alfred and Gertrude (Bowers) Preistley and wife of Walter W. Hoch, who died Jan. 26, 2010.
A member of Peace United Church of Christ (UCC), Denver, she was previously an active member of First Congregational UCC, Stratford. Sue was active in all levels with Girl Scouts of America.
Surviving is a daughter: Jane E., wife of Edmond Frost, of Virginia Beach, Va.; and a son: Rev. William E., husband of Janis K. Hoch, of Stevens; granddaughters: Jessica and Pamela; and a great-grandson: Braydon.
She was predeceased by brothers: Frederick, Kenneth and Edward Priestley. Funeral services were held April 22 in the Donecker Chapel of Ephrata Manor, Ephrata, with Chaplain Sally Maxwell officiating. Private interment took place at Indiantown Gap National Cemetery.
Kindly omit flowers. Contributions may be made to Peace UCC, Secure Our Future Campaign, 37 E. Swartzville Road, Denver, PA 17517.
Good Funeral Home, Reamstown, is honored to be serving the Hoch Family. For more information, visit goodfuneral.com.