- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- A sure sign of summer: Denver finalizes community pool plans
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Family ‘Owl’bum
Gloria Eaby, 82, C&B Trimming seamstress
Gloria V. Eaby, 82, of Akron, passed away Saturday, Oct. 6, 2012 at her home.
She was born in Denver to the late Norman and Mary (Kenderdine) Frankhouser and was the wife of Gordon W. Eaby, with whom she shared 60 years of marriage.
Gloria was a member of Reamstown Church of God, Stevens. During her working years, she was a seamstress for C&B Trimming, Reamstown, for 20 years.
In addition to her husband, Gloria is survived by two daughters: Debra M. Newton, of Hamilton, Texas, and Connie L. Sheaffer, of Womelsdorf; two grandchildren: Yvonne and Isaac; three great-grandchildren; a brother: Leonard Frankhouser; and sister: Ruth Turner, of Akron.
In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by a sister: Kathrine Wingenroth.
A memorial service will be held Oct. 13 at 10 a.m. the Stradling Funeral Home, 30 N. Ninth St., Akron, with Pastor Arthur Karick officiating. Interment will be private at the convenience of the family in the Bergstrasse Lutheran Cemetery.
Memorial contributions in Gloria’s memory may be made to Hospice & Community Care, formerly Hospice of Lancaster County, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604.
Arrangements were made by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.