- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- Hello (again), Dolly!
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
- Cool lineup!
Goldie Smith, 81, ECH nurse’s aid
Goldie S. Smith, 81, of Ephrata, passed away Saturday, Dec. 31, 2011 at Denver Nursing Home.
Goldie’s late husband, John P. Smith, passed away in 1995. Born in Millway, Goldie was the daughter of the late James M. and Maggie (Dickersheid) Smith.
She worshipped in the Christian faith and worked as a nurse’s aid for many years at the Ephrata Community Hospital (ECH), retiring on Jan. 1, 1995.
Goldie is survived by two sons: Richard E. Smith, of Lancaster; and Douglas P. Smith, of Ephrata; two sisters: Mary E. Waltermyer, of Lancaster; and Mazie H. Galebach, of Lititz; a brother: Jackie L. Smith, of Ephrata; and a number of nieces and nephews.
In addition to her husband and parents, she was preceded in death by two brothers: James M. Smith Jr. and Ronald R. Smith.
Funeral services will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Jan. 5 at Paul L. Gravenor Home For Funerals, 100 W. Main St., Ephrata, with the Rev. David Hinkley officiating. Interment will be in Pleasantview Cemetery, Sinking Spring.
Donations in Goldie’s memory may be sent to Hospice of Lancaster County, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125.
To offer condolences, visit gravenorhomeforfunerals.com.