- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Goldie Smith, 81, ECH nurse’s aid
Goldie S. Smith, 81, of Ephrata, passed away Saturday, Dec. 31, 2011 at Denver Nursing Home.
Goldie’s late husband, John P. Smith, passed away in 1995. Born in Millway, Goldie was the daughter of the late James M. and Maggie (Dickersheid) Smith.
She worshipped in the Christian faith and worked as a nurse’s aid for many years at the Ephrata Community Hospital (ECH), retiring on Jan. 1, 1995.
Goldie is survived by two sons: Richard E. Smith, of Lancaster; and Douglas P. Smith, of Ephrata; two sisters: Mary E. Waltermyer, of Lancaster; and Mazie H. Galebach, of Lititz; a brother: Jackie L. Smith, of Ephrata; and a number of nieces and nephews.
In addition to her husband and parents, she was preceded in death by two brothers: James M. Smith Jr. and Ronald R. Smith.
Funeral services will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Jan. 5 at Paul L. Gravenor Home For Funerals, 100 W. Main St., Ephrata, with the Rev. David Hinkley officiating. Interment will be in Pleasantview Cemetery, Sinking Spring.
Donations in Goldie’s memory may be sent to Hospice of Lancaster County, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125.
To offer condolences, visit gravenorhomeforfunerals.com.