- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Grace B. Weaver, worked locally, Lebanon volunteer
Grace B. Weaver, 88, formerly of Palmyra passed away Friday, Nov. 15, 2013 at Hill Farm Estate, Annville.
Born June 7, 1925 in East Earl, Lancaster, she was a daughter of the late Phares B. and Susie M. (Bauman) Martin.
The widow of Harold M. Weaver in 2000, she was also preceded in death by a son Glenn Weaver.
She was a former employee of Achenbach Restaurant, Hershey, Risser’s Farm Market, Annville, and worked with her husband at Weavers Farm Service, Campbelltown. A member of Palmyra Church of the Brethren, she volunteered at the Caring Cupboard, Palmyra, helped serve free meals in Lebanon and enjoyed bowling and cooking for her family.
Surviving are her children: Dale Weaver of Palmyra, Harold Weaver of Annville, Susan Leonard of Harrisburg, Mary Zellers of Palmyra, Naomi Jones of Palmyra and Bruce Weaver of Roswell, Ga.; 13 grandchildren and 19 great-grandchildren.
A memorial service will be held at 2:30 p.m. Nov. 22, 2013 at her church, 45 North Chestnut Street, Palmyra preceded by a visitation from 1 p.m. Private interment will be in Gravel Hill Cemetery, Palmyra.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to Palmyra Church of the Brethren, 45 North Chestnut Street, Palmyra, PA 17078 or Caring Cupboard, 131 North Railroad Street, Palmyra, PA 17078.
Condolences may be shared at busefuneralhome.com.