- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Grace G. Martin, 88, lived at Lincoln Christian Home, farmer’s wife, one of ten ‘Shi Maids’
Grace G. Martin, 88, formerly of Lititz Road, Manheim passed away peacefully Tuesday, May 13, 2014 at Lincoln Christian Home, Ephrata.
Born in Warwick Township, she was the daughter of the late Jacob B. and Anna Sensenich Garber. She was the wife of the late Daniel Leon Martin Sr. who died in 2004.
A homemaker and farmer’s wife, Grace was also a Shaklee dealer in the Manheim area for 33 years. She was a member of White Oak Mennonite Church, Manheim. In her youth she formed friendships with ten girls who called themselves “The Shi Maids,” who maintained their relationships to this day. Grace loved her family and enjoyed spending time with them. Her interests included gardening, genealogy and traveling to their cabin in Tioga County.
Surviving is a daughter: Grace Elaine wife of John D. Nissley of Manheim; two sons: Daniel L. Jr. husband of Rhoda Herr Martin of Newville, D. David husband of Robbin Michael Martin of Manheim; 28 grandchildren; 43 great-grandchildren; and a sister: Ruth Martin of Quarryville.
She was preceded in death by a daughter: Carol Hottenstein; two grandchildren: Vonda Hottenstein, Matthew Martin; and a brother: Jacob Eugene Garber.
Services were held May 20 at East Petersburg Mennonite Church, with Pastor Jim Hottenstein (grandson) officiating. Interment followed in the adjoining church cemetery.
Please omit flowers. Those desiring may send contributions in Grace?s memory to Lincoln Christian Home, 1307 Apple Street, Ephrata, PA 17522.
To send the family on-line condolences, visit buchfuneral.com. Arrangements by Buch Funeral Home, Manheim.